Thursday, April 3, 2008

Saludos de Puerto Rico


You may be wondering why I'm in my hotel room on my computer in San Juan instead of at the beach. I'll tell you why: it's been raining/cloudy all day. Although one of only two full days we have here is far from being a beach day (and yesterday was pretty windy and cloudy as well for parts of it), we had fun anyway. Right? Right! We walked around, browsed in fancy shops next to many sunburned white people (I shouldn't poke fun...yours truly managed to get a sunburn yesterday through a frickin blanket of clouds), and ate and drank frequently. Oh, and visited the church where Ponce de Leon is buried, just to say we took in a little history/culture. It was a bit rough getting here, as our plane took off, flew for a while, then turned around and landed at Logan again (something with the oil filter, I think? Something that probably could have been dealt with before we took off? Something for which there must have been some kind of warning light on in the cockpit while we were still on the ground?), but it's been a very relaxing few days. Back to freezing Boston tomorrow, alas. And while we're all thoroughly enjoying ourselves, it's unfortunate that we have two days of interclerkships looming over our collective heads for when we return on Monday. Oh, and three months of medicine (for me). And before you say I'm being negative for thinking about school when I'm on vacation, I have seen 8 (eight!) of my classmates since I've been in San Juan, only one of whom I actually came down with. All in all, PR seems to be quite a nice place to be. So for people in snowy, cold, work-filled places, please enjoy the pictures. :)

No comments: