Saturday, March 1, 2008

Let it snow

Well, Mother Nature has decided in her infinite wisdom to welcome March with a snowstorm. Actually I was ok with this one, since I didn't have to go anywhere during the 12 hours that it was snowing (heavily). And I went for a walk this morning and took some pictures when it was really pretty. There weren't that many people out, and everything felt very calm. I came thisclose to making a snow angel on the lawn in the center of town, but thought plopping down on my back near a busy intersection might cause someone to wonder if I'd keeled over (since I'm not, you know, 8 years old). Yesterday we had a class on adolescent medicine, and the professor said it's hard to teach people how to recognize when adolescence is over. I think I recognized the end of my own adolescence the first time I saw snow and felt annoyed. I caught myself and was then annoyed that I felt annoyed, when I used to love snowstorms, and how the snow lining all the tiniest tree branches made everything look so magical. God, adulthood is awful sometimes. So I was especially happy that I got to enjoy last night's storm, and not let my grown-up curmudgeoniness (word?) get to me. Nevertheless, I won't protest when spring decides to grace us with her presence. :)

This is the church in the center of my town.

My lovely house in the snow.

No comments: