Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Freakin' social conservatives

What is wrong with you people?? Sorry to have a random post about politics and bat-shit-insane Republicans, but I need to get this out of my system. How is it possible that gay couples, some of whom have been partners for 40 years, are ruining the "sanctity of marriage" by getting married, and yet when 17-year-olds get pregnant, the right moral thing to do is to get married? How are shotgun weddings preserving the institution of marriage, yet marriages of long-term couples eroding it?? Argh! Crazy Evangelicals and their moral high ground. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel a little better.
p.s. Dear Conservative America,
Please teach your children about birth control. When they decide abstinence-only isn't cool anymore, they will need it. Thank you.
Fondly,
Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can picture you writing this very quickly and passionately :)
I love you - you can verbalize exactly what I feel. Unfortunately, so many people feel like those damn Republicans.


I will write the rest of the comment directly to you as some people won't understand us :)