Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Saturday!!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. If you're even up. So...it's 8am. I've been at the hospital for almost an hour. I'm just thankful there are no windows anywhere around this fluorescent labyrinth so I can't see the blazing beauty of the sunlight dancing off the lake. I'd like to say I'm saving lives, but in reality I'm nursing a giant coffee, reading the nytimes online, and half-heartedly looking for my senior resident. Occasionally I'm working on a discharge summary for my patient who was admitted a whopping 6 days ago, and I'm utterly unable to remember what he presented with when he came in or what his problems were before yesterday. I could go get his chart, but that would require more energy than I can muster at this particular moment. Anyway, I hope you all have a v. good day! Go to the beach. Or sit inside in the air conditioning, if that's more your style. To friends whose emails/calls I've been ignoring: it's not you, it's inpatient medicine. I'll resurface soon. I really do love and miss you all. :)

No comments: